APPLE WALNUT SALAD WITH BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
Prepare the vinaigrette dressing – in a small bowl combine the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, Dijon mustard, and honey. Whisk until blended. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad, make sure all of your salad ingredients are ready to be assembled (chopped, sliced, etc). In a large bowl, layer the lettuce, apples, red onions, walnuts, and feta. Drizzle with desired amount of vinaigrette and serve immediately.
- 8 cups chopped red leaf lettuce, about 1 large head
- 1 medium apple, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onions
- 3/4 cup walnut halves, toasted + roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey or maple syrup
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper